You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Home Blog Links Regulations Import A Car From Japan Forums Vendor Lists Buy Cars/Parts Contact

Home UserCP Memberlist Register Calendar FAQ

Go Back   JDMVIP Forums JDM Japanese Cars Import Used Auctions > Import Discussion > Vendor & Exporter Feedback
User Name
Password
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tradecarreview

Vendor & Exporter Feedback

Old 02-23-2017, 09:45 AM
JDMVIP.com Apprentice

Default Tradecarreview

Anyone have good or bad reviews on this service.

Mark is on holiday I would normally go through him!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Friendly & Unbiased Moderator

It's not really a service but more like a market place with many Exporters. We have a few threads on here that talk more about it but generally there are good and bad experiences to be had, it depends on the Exporter in the end.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:57 PM
JDMVIP.com Apprentice

I probably should broaden my question.

Tradecarreview hold your funds until the car is shipped apparently. Wondering if process works. Tried search function but not many hits.

I was curious if anyone had experience with this.

Bought a lot of cars in Japan over past 6 years and had bought 10 cars through Sastrad by that point. Last 2 bad others were great. Still screwed me big time on last car .

Before him the old autosquare which were awesome!

Thanks for your reply!
Old 02-25-2017, 01:30 AM
Friendly & Unbiased Moderator

I haven't heard feedback about that but if they do what they say I imagine the service works though TCV has had a bad rep from the start. From what I recall reading they basically say once there is proof of shipment they release the funds (and they admit whether or not the vehicle is good/bad misrepresented is not their issue or intention of the service). It is a good idea to do, but there are ways to scam the system if Tradecarview does not take steps to verify the BOL is real or for the car claimed (or in other words if a fraudulent/fake/forged BOL is used as proof which is also an issue I have seen in general even outside the Japan car world).

Autosquare had a good rep, they did come back but it is not clear how the service has changed or even if they are the same people/company based on some old threads here.

Sorry I know the above may not help a lot, but I think with recent events we're all a bit nervous. I have been let down by people who seemed great over the years and with good reviews (although sometimes if you PM people who review they tell you the real story but would always deny it in public).
Another thread I suppose but I've always asked our members to be honest on the forums with the reviews and report any problems (eg. I think we would have known Sastrad is going down awhile ago if people had posted sooner even for what they thought was minor).
Sponsored Links